Bow Organizer Tutorial

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Our little Hadley girl has acquired quite a bow collection. We started by putting her bows in baskets, but they had become so full and cluttered that we needed to come up with a new solution. If you have a little girl with lots and lots of bows, you should try this extremely easy to make bow solution....


What you will need...
1. A canvas (size of your choice, I used 16x20) I got a 2 pack at Hobby Lobby for 8 dollars.
2. Fabric of your choice. You will need enough to cover the canvas plus 2 inches on each side.
3. Batting fabric. Thin will be fine and you will need the same amount as your fabric.
4. Staple gun
5. Scissors
6. Ribbon of your choice. 
First lay your fabric pattern side down on a table, put the batting on top and then the canvas, face down, on top of the batting. Using your scissors, cut the fabric and batting so that you gave at least two inches larger than the size of your cavas.


Next, fold the long sides over and staple.

Followed by the short sides...


This is what it will look like... 


Now take your ribbon and run however many strands you need according to the size of your bows and staple to the back. My polkadot board I created for my four inch bows, so I stapled all four ribbons to set the size. On this chevron board below, I just taped the ribbon to the back since I am waiting on a shipment of 6 inch bows and will mix and match the bows on this board when they arrive. You can always tape and play with your arrangement, and then staple when you have decided on a more permanent choice. 



I then took a thicker ribbon and ran it along the top of the board, length wise, stapled the ends, and left some left over on the sides so i could use this to tie a bow on the top to hang. 


 Then I hung on the back of the nursery door...








 Have fun! It makes it SO much easier to find the bow you are looking for and it gives you a nice way to see your options.

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! Can't wait until feb 11th when I find out whether I will need to start buying bows!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it is THAT SOON! I can't wait!!!! I have a feeling you will be buying bows:)

      Delete
  2. Where do you get her adorable bows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I get them on an etsy shop called sugarsweetbows :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much! I'm totally doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this today; thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do I make my bows stay on cause mine all use hair ties not clips...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm Im not too sure. All of mine are clips. Maybe you could take clothespins and attach the rubber band to the ribbon?

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger