Ten...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

If you didn't already know, I have been eating healthier in hopes to shed some pounds and become free from the bondage of food loving addiction. The Lord has blessed me with freedom from this cycle and in the process, I have lost 10 lbs!!! I still have a little to go, and I have been doing this since January 4th, but God has taught me so much through this little weight loss journey. One thing.... this is a marathon not a sprint. I am learning to be patient and just take care of my body and my discipline will pay off with time. No more starving/unhealthy quick fixes. It truly is a life change. I have been trying to turn yummy favorites into healthy alternatives. Tonight I made a recipe that I found on my new favorite blog dashingdish.com A healthy friend showed this to me and I am totally addicted. Tonight we made spaghetti squash...


Instead of noodles, it is "spagetti squash" and I used turkey instead of beef for my sauce. It was surprisingly DELISH! 
Another healthy discovery....

I have been wanting to try Chobani forever, and it is AMAZING! It is SO creamy and thick, it makes regular yogurt taste watery. I also bought plain greek yogurt that I plan to sweeten with stevia and fresh fruit but this was a great step in the right direction and if I don't like the "unflavored" I may stick with this! Try it! It is 3 weight watchers points and is loaded with protein. More later :)

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo! Ten for you, fifteen for me (remember I have more to lose!)

    I love spaghetti squash, you can get Luke to eat it? That is great, not my husband.

    Did you try the chocolate greek yogurt? I little freaky tasting at first, but not bad.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greek yogurt is a nutrional superfood! I love the plain because it is so versatile! You can make it sweet by adding fruit/cereal/granola, but you can also add stevia with peanut flour or protein powder in varying amounts to make a "pudding" or "frosting" for whole grain waffles/muffins.
    It can also be savory, by using it in place if mayo or sour cream.
    -in tuna or chicken salad
    -bake potato topping
    -veggie dip (mix with ranch mix) or make your own.
    Tzatziki sauce - a Greek cucumber sauce made by adding the following ingredients to a container of greek yogurt: juice of one lemon; 2 T. dill chopped, 1-2 cloves garlic, minced; 1 cucumber, minced; salt and pepper to taste.
    Happy experimenting!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger