I read that the VERY earliest you could ever get a positive pregnancy test was 9 days past ovulation. I had purchased bulk pregnancy tests that are very sensitive and were very cheap. You can buy them on http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/ for about 50 cents a piece, so you can test often and not have to waste 5 dollars every time. They are also used a lot for IVF so they can detect very small hormone levels. While I read you could find out as early as 9 days past ovulation, 11 or 13 days past was when you usually can tell.
I started testing 9 days past ovulation and knew I didn't want to tell Luke that I was testing, because I wanted to tell him in a special way, not just telling him after peeing on a test. Here were how my results panned out...
- 9 DPO (days past ovulation) negative.
- 10 DPO at 8 am I COULDN'T believe that I saw the tiniest faintest line that was so light that I had to wonder if my mind was making it appear. Didn't say a word to Luke.
- 10 DPO 4pm, I decided to test again! I know this is obsessive but I was going to work that night and know that your hormone levels increase by the hour so I tested again, and there again was SUCH a faint line.
- I took the two test strips to work that night to show my friends at work. I am an RN and knew I would have to tell my work immediately because as a nurse on my unit, I sometimes take care of patients who have very yucky, contagious diseases that could harm my baby. So I showed all my coworkers that night my two FAINT lines. It felt SO great to tell SOMEONE because I didn't want to tell Luke, my Mom, my sister in-law or any best friends until I could tell them in person.
- All my friends told me they saw a line too! I tested that night at work with a test that they use on patients in the ER. Again, another line, still faint but darker than the other two!
- Came home from work that morning and decided to bring out the expensive tests... the one that has a plus sign if positive and the ever perfect digital test that says PREGNANT or NOT PREGNANT (no guessing to it)
- Got a plus sign! I was starting to actually believe it! But I don't think it would be official to me until I got a positive on the digital...
Sunday morning 12/18/2011 PREGNANT! I had to go back to work that night, so I had to sleep while Luke was at church. Waiting until he got home and after I got some sleep seemed like FOREVER to tell him the good news!
More later :)