Here is an easy and yummy dinner idea...
What you will need...
- Juice of two limes
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 2 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound tomatillos, removed from husk and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled, about 1/3 cup (I used shredded Monterey Jack)
Combine the lime juice, garlic and chipotle chile in a medium bowl; season with salt. Add the chicken, toss well to coat, and refrigerate 2 hours. Remove the chicken from the marinade; thread onto 4 (12-inch) skewers lightly misted with cooking spray.
Preheat the grill to medium. Mist the tortillas with cooking spray. Add the tortillas to the grill; cook, turning once, until lightly toasted, about 1 to 2 minutes per tortilla.
Meanwhile, add the chicken and the whole tomatillos to the grill; cook, turning often, until tomatillos are charred and chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove the skewers from the chicken.
Coarsely chop the tomatillos and toss with oil and salt to taste. Place toasted tortillas on plates; generously top with romaine, tomatillos, chicken, and cheese.