Texas Bluebonnett Pictures 2013

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Okay, so it is apparently kind of a big deal to take "Bluebonnett" pictures here in Texas! Bluebonnetts are a wild flower here and lots of families like to get pictures taken in these, oh-so Texas flowers! I really do not know a whole lot about them except for on our daily walks, we pass a little patch of them! Every time I passed this little patch of bluebonnets I wonder if they are just a spring flower and will soon be gone, or if they will stay a while? I'm really not too sure but I thought this is our first year in Texas and we just HAVE to get the babies pictures taken in them before they are gone. SOOOO one night we decided to take their pictures in them during our walk but it didn't exactly go as planned. Hadley had just pooped in her diaper and so she was very cranky (thats why I gave her a piece of grass to keep her happy, yeah, mother of the year right?) and I am still a LEARNING photographer, which is a nice way of saying, the babies were very "squinty" from their faces being in the sun and the shadows on my little beauties are pretty awful. So despite my lack of skill and their distraction of being outside (I think getting little ones attention outside is awfully hard with all there is to see) we did not capture the IDEAL bluebonnet shots, but it was a lot of work and I didn't really feel like taking them again, so we are just going to go with it :) Okay so, here my babies are in their new state flower...























 They are still such sweet pictures and I can't wait to make it a yearly tradition! Next year I will plan a better way to position the babies and we will have to find a REAL field of them like this... (they will be running in them next year, sniff, sniff)

2 comments:

  1. Those two can't "take" a bad picture - you did great Momma. My best friend is from Texas and at her wedding they handed out packets of bluebell seeds as wedding favors...I thought it was so neat. It will be cool if you make it a tradition and can look back over them later - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find fields of Blue Bonnets like this in Ennis, TX and Brenham, TX. My husband and I took our 6 month twins, 2 year old and 6 year old there for pictures this year and it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger